We’re thrilled to announce the release of version 2.3 for LiveCode for FM. This update adds support for MirrorSync. JSON now behaves more faithfully to FileMaker, Open SSL has been updated to comply with Google Play store requirements along with some general bug fixes and enhancements.
Open SSL updated to version 1.1.1q
Open SSL has been updated to version 1.1.1q to comply with the Google Play store requirements for submissions. If you are deploying to android it’s important you update if you mean to submit to the Play Store.
We now support MirrorSync! For those of you that use MirrorSync in your FileMaker solutions you shouldn’t need to make any changes to your sync setup for it to now work in your compiled app. Just re-compile using the new version. The link to download can be found further down this page. You can of course still choose to change your syncing method to use our built in syncing instead.
JSON text functions now handle different types properly. In particular, empty arrays and empty objects can now be distinguished, and numbers will no longer be confused with decimal strings.
Improvements and other feature additions:
- Added the ability to type into an active field even if not visible.
- Added support for various SQL queries.
- Fixed a crash relating to web viewers.
- Fixed an issue where audio could continue to play through a web viewer after changing layout.
- Fixed an issue with rotated text object rendering.
- Fixed an issue which was causing objects to require two clicks to activate a control when in slide panels or popovers.
- Fixed various date related issues.
- Fixes to date/time/timestamp finds.
- Fixed various issues affecting scrolling on iOS.
Keep an eye out for more updates as we continue to add improvements and expand the possibilities of your FileMaker solutions!
We recommend you download the latest version to make sure you are fully up to date with current features and bug fixes, as well as making sure your apps will be compatible to submit to the Google Play and app stores. Download from your LiveCode for FM account here.
Not got an account? Sign up for a free trial here.
Join the conversation